Purpose & Role
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of multiple projects for Aquila. This will include project management, contract management, scheduling, cost control, resourcing & resource management, procurement and project quality assurance. The individual will have to often operate in pressurised circumstances demonstrating high levels of resilience, flexibility and have the ability to make informed, critical decisions. Responsibilities will encompass all processes within the company from the tendering stage to delivery through management of budgets, management of teams, technical requirements, planning, project reporting and line management responsibility. The Senior Project Manager will be the client’s point of contact with Aquila.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
• To manage engineering, design, and turnkey projects.
• To carry out successful administration and management of all allocated contracts.
• To monitor and control projects to ensure they are delivered to budget and programme.
• To accurately and autonomously complete internal and client project reporting.
• To manage suppliers and sub-contractors for manufacturing, fabrication and specialist services.
• To manage procurement of bought-out items.
• To produce accurate and correct project documentation in line with the contract requirements.
• To manage all project functions including design, engineering, procurement, sub-contracted manufacture, build, testing and installation.
• To develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients thereby ensuring their expectations are understood and met.
• To identify opportunities for further work through discussions with the client.
• To manage change in scope and ensure appropriate compensation is received.
• To produce resourced programmes and work plans to accomplish the project.
• To plan and manage allocated resource through the project phases.
• To provide accurate project forecast reports and plans in accordance with company processes and procedures.
• To assess, direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure the project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Responsible for overall quality and management of projects and programmes.
• To manage budget and ensure financial accountability on nominated projects and those of their reports.
• To support Head of Projects and other business needs as required.
• Line management of other team members, including one to ones and appraisals.
• Any other job duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
• Understanding of GDPR/data protection legislation procedures and requirements in a highly regulated environment.
• To support business change, via effective change management processes in the context of Aquila Nuclear Engineering fast-paced regulatory
• To be responsible for your own workplace safety. To demonstrate commitment to health and safety; ensure all statutory obligations are met and the
safety of staff, clients and visitors are in line with the UK and European standards.