Purpose & Role
The Proposals Engineer will prepare winning bids and take ownership of the end-to-end bid process including managing opportunities from qualification through to contract award and handover to the company’s delivery teams. The Proposals Engineer will also work alongside and support Senior Proposals Engineers on higher value and complex opportunities.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify new tendering opportunities using procurement portals and liaising with business development manager on leads.
- Record and update opportunities in the company’s customer relationship management system, Salesforce.
- Manage opportunities through their lifecycle and in accordance with Aquila and Cyclife EDF Group procedures.
- Break down customer requirements from tendering opportunities into actionable bid deliverables with support from Senior Proposals Engineers.
- Interpret drawings and/or 3D design models and translate these into supplier requests for quotations.
- Engage with process owners from across the company to support the generation of tender deliverables, estimate, and programme.
- Engage and liaise with the company’s supply chain to obtain information / quotations /proposals for subcontracted scope in support of tender opportunities, ensuring terms, risk and requirements are flowed down.
- Produce project cost estimates and delivery programmes reflecting key risks, bid assumptions, dependencies and exclusions underpinning the proposed delivery strategy.
- Coordinate and chair bid reviews and bid approvals in line with the company’s quality management procedures.
- Generate for review and approval, bid documentation including bid no bid papers, position papers, cost estimate sheets, project programmes, and other process documents stipulated in the company’s quality management procedures.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially viable bids in accordance with the company’s values and corporate objectives.
- Generate and peer review proposal content for tender opportunities.
- Ensure that forecast reports and plans are completed accurately for opportunities in accordance with company processes and procedures.
You can find more details on the job description attached.