Purpose & Role
Responsible for the successful execution of design engineering projects, technical tender preparations and tender design estimates to schedule and within budget.
Additionally, with the Engineering Manager, responsible for the management, development and recruitment of the Company’s engineering resource.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
– Day to day management of the technical aspects of allocated projects working with a team of engineers or as an individual. Work should be carried out with minimal to no supervision, but with regular consultation with the Head of Department
– Day to day tasking of any allocated engineers
– Analyse and understand technical tender specifications, producing the technical aspects of tender returns and creating accurate tender design estimates
– Peer review of concept designs, 3D CAD scheme designs, detailed manufacturing drawings and design substantiation by hand calculations.
– Substantiation (by hand calculation) of engineering designs
– Development of the engineering resource, development and implementation of internship and apprenticeship programmes
– Production of concept designs, full 3D scheme design and 2D detail design for manufacture within SolidWorks all within the required timescales
– Assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering Department.