Purpose & Role
Responsible for providing engineering design solutions as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team in the delivery of one of Aquila’s major projects or workstreams. Working directly under the supervision of the Principal Engineer or Senior Mechanical Design Engineer; responsible to produce engineering concept, scheme, and detailed design solutions to meet the contracted requirements.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- To produce engineering concepts and technical solutions compliant with company and international standards, with minimal supervision, but with regular consultation with the Project Engineering Manager, Principal Engineer, Senior Mechanical Design Engineer or other team members.
- To develop the design of mechanical equipment to a level sufficient for manufacture and functionality
- To provide the technical production and checking of design and design support documents and ensure they are completed within the required timescales.
- To carryout, in addition to design, all aspects of the design process such as draughting, testing of products, as well as other organizational tasks as deemed appropriate in order to ensure timely progress of projects being worked on.
- To manage the substantiation/validation of design output
- To issue engineering documents as required.
- To provide technical liaison with Clients and Suppliers.
- To assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering Department.
- Any other job duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- Understanding of GDPR/data protection legislation procedures and requirements in a highly regulated environment.
- To support business change, via effective change management processes in the context of Aquila Nuclear Engineering fast-paced regulatory environment.
- To be responsible for your own workplace safety. To demonstrate commitment to health and safety; ensure all statutory obligations are met and the safety of staff, clients and visitors are in line with the UK and European standards.