Purpose & Role
Responsible for the production of mechanical engineering drawings under the supervision of the Lead Draughtsperson, Principal or Senior Mechanical Engineers.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
– To produce high-quality engineering drawings, compliant with BS 8888.
– Support Design Engineers during the detail design phase, ensuring proper application of tolerances, limits and fits etc.
– Capture and convey design intent on manufacturing drawings.
– Gain insight and knowledge of the Aquila supply chain to ensure manufacturing capabilities are reflected in the detail designs.
– When required, support the Lead Draughtsperson or other Engineers in the checking of engineering drawings.
– Support the Lead Draughtsperson in the application and update of the Aquila Draughting Manual and draughting related procedures.
– The ability to be a hands-on SolidWorks design asset if, and when, required.