Transport and packaging of product to and from the shielded and contained facilities, including flask bogies and rails, transport containers and posting systems.
The Aquila team has many years of experience in the nuclear industry which includes the specialist areas of containment, shielded systems, remote handling and nuclear packaging.
Our engineers have been involved in projects from the design concept stage right through to manufacturing, testing at our factory and installation/commissioning on the clients’ sites.
Clients engage with Aquila at different stages in the delivery process, but we like to get involved as early as possible so that we can share best industry practice from the start, saving time and money and delivering to our clients’ exact requirements.
Applications and Delivery Stages
- Assist with the selection of package in accordance with IAEA SS6 – IP through to BU(F)
- For excepted packages for on-site use only work with Client
- Prepare concept design based on input data-radiological-type of material-handling
- Assessment of Best Available Technology – proven for handling and manipulation
- Design and Cost options
- Prototype development and testing
- Manufacturing and Inspection and test plans (ITP)
- Selection of most appropriate manufacturer and management
- Complete Factory Assembly and Testing FAT
- Scintillation testing if required